Oriflamme

I do not want you to follow me or anyone else; if you are looking for a Moses to lead you out of this capitalist wilderness, you will stay right where you are. I would not lead you into the promised land if I could, because if I lead you in, some one else would lead you out. You must use your heads as well as your hands, and get yourself out of your present condition. -Eugene V. Debs 1910.

Name:
Location: Asbestos, Quebec, Canada

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

God help us all.

How wonderful for us to bring democracy to Afghanistan and to see the tyranny of the majority in its majesty. And in the trappings of religious fundamentalism. The example is too clear to go into and too parallel to rumblings in this country.

And we were for democracy in Palestine too. Until Hamas. And then we let them know the price of democracy.

And we are still so wed to it. And for good reason.

Its going to work really well in Iraq. I only think they need a hundred years of native post- enlightnement political philosophers to really lay the groundwork. And everyone knows that the Locke and Mill Marine brigades are training Iraqi philosphers to do just that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home