Oriflamme

I do not want you to follow me or anyone else; if you are looking for a Moses to lead you out of this capitalist wilderness, you will stay right where you are. I would not lead you into the promised land if I could, because if I lead you in, some one else would lead you out. You must use your heads as well as your hands, and get yourself out of your present condition. -Eugene V. Debs 1910.

Name:
Location: Asbestos, Quebec, Canada

Monday, March 27, 2006

TK421

Yesterday, after much heavy lifting, I finally got a HDTV set up at home. Oh and the picture was beautiful. My wife remarked that she could see the fingerprints on C-3PO. That shows where her mind is at.

That movie is inescapable to me. How much of my entertainment time is spent chasing another Star Wars? Sure I've had to suffer with some plodding movie novelizations and a few Lucas movies of questionable worth, but I've also been able to discover Joseph Campbell and Akira Kurosawa.
*
I wonder if people who saw Gone With the Wind at an impressionable age felt the same way.
*
And for those who don't know - Red 2 was Wedge Antilles' callsign.

3 Comments:

Blogger Voix said...

So when can I come over for a screening? I'll bring the pop corn and diet cokes.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Ranger said...

Next time you are in town you are welcome to call and swing by. But Melody doesn't like diet coke.

I got the little guy a toy lightsaber which he is having great fun extending and retracting.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Voix said...

I used to have one of those. It made this cool "clickety clack swish" sound when it was extending. The lightbulb wasn't strong enough, though, so it only glowed when one was light sabering in a dark room our outside at night.

Let me know what to bring if diet coke doesn't fly. How about mango juice and sparkling water?

I'll be down this summer for sure.

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home