Oriflamme

I do not want you to follow me or anyone else; if you are looking for a Moses to lead you out of this capitalist wilderness, you will stay right where you are. I would not lead you into the promised land if I could, because if I lead you in, some one else would lead you out. You must use your heads as well as your hands, and get yourself out of your present condition. -Eugene V. Debs 1910.

Name:
Location: Asbestos, Quebec, Canada

Monday, March 20, 2006

Viewing

Saw V for Vendetta last night. Interesting. Until I heard that the movie was about the nature of terrorism, I didn't really have any interest. And once I found out the movie was based on an Alan Moore graphic novel I was really hooked. Although I admit I've never read V and didn't even really read all of Watchmen, but The Dark Knight Returns (by Frank Miller) both renewed my interest and changed my mind about what comic books could be. And then came Alex Ross.
*
The problem is one I recognize from the Nazi seizure of Power, if you have a you're with us or you're against us mentality, and you keep adding to the behavior that is necessary to be "with us" then you have started down the road to a totalitarian state. It is precisely for this reason that I am concerned when even though the government recognizes that a call for censure from Sen. Feingold is doomed to failure, they continue to pay lip service to their supposition that sowing discord in this time of war gives aid an comfort to the enemy. Clearly Sen. Feingold is a treasonous traitor who hates our president and our country and is out to destroy it, right? So the question to me becomes, once you have decided, you are "against us" what then are your options?

1 Comments:

Blogger Corporal said...

Some day we'll laugh about these dark days in prison, when we attempt to analyze what exactly happened to make the American people so complaicent that thieves stole their country from under their noses.

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home