Oriflamme

I do not want you to follow me or anyone else; if you are looking for a Moses to lead you out of this capitalist wilderness, you will stay right where you are. I would not lead you into the promised land if I could, because if I lead you in, some one else would lead you out. You must use your heads as well as your hands, and get yourself out of your present condition. -Eugene V. Debs 1910.

Name:
Location: Asbestos, Quebec, Canada

Saturday, March 25, 2006

iPod

Somewhat mirroring Voix I post my current, somewhat embarassing iPod top 10 most played for my Saturday punt post. The list was not edited to relect positively on the author.

1. Hung Up - Madonna
2. The Distance - Cake
3. Take It Off - The Donnas
4. Bulls on Parade - Rage Against the Machine
5. I Wanna Be Adored - The Stone Roses
6. Rio - Duran Duran
7. Electrical Storm - U2
8. Trip Like I Do - The Crystal Method
9. Private Idaho - The B-52s
10. Listen to Your Heart - D.H.T.

3 Comments:

Blogger Voix said...

Oh my god. Do you remember when we translated Rio in French class senior year? So who was your favorite Duran Duran star?

10:43 AM  
Blogger Ranger said...

You know, I liked them all. I guess I would have to say I thought John was the coolest.

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mama Oriflamme is getting old. I don't recognize many of the songs (though I do know most of the performers). I don't understand why folks spend so much time copying music onto this tiny machine when they can take potluck on the radio - or buy CD's. I've also lived through 33-1/3s (too young for 78s), 45s, 8-tracks, tapes, CDs, DVDs and now i-pods. I'm sure I've missed something on this list... All part of a clever plot assuring endless planned obsolesence. Play on!

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home