Oriflamme

I do not want you to follow me or anyone else; if you are looking for a Moses to lead you out of this capitalist wilderness, you will stay right where you are. I would not lead you into the promised land if I could, because if I lead you in, some one else would lead you out. You must use your heads as well as your hands, and get yourself out of your present condition. -Eugene V. Debs 1910.

Name:
Location: Asbestos, Quebec, Canada

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Concert

I went to see Cesaria Evora last night with my wife. It was a good time and I think she really enjoyed it. Most of the singing was in Portuguese and French and so either I couldn't understand it or I could only understand a little bit. The band was "tight" and she sounded exactly like she does on her studio albums. And we had the best box seats in the house, the closest to the stage.

Along with our prior visit to see Etta James, we managed two out of the three trifecta. Unfortunately, we won't be able to see Nina Simone.

I think for our next concert, we will probably see GWAR. Or not.

But is it wrong that instead of hearing Besame Mucho my mind heard Besame Coulo?

1 Comments:

Blogger Voix said...

I am in France right now and reading your blog. Does that make you feel validated?

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home