Oriflamme

I do not want you to follow me or anyone else; if you are looking for a Moses to lead you out of this capitalist wilderness, you will stay right where you are. I would not lead you into the promised land if I could, because if I lead you in, some one else would lead you out. You must use your heads as well as your hands, and get yourself out of your present condition. -Eugene V. Debs 1910.

Name:
Location: Asbestos, Quebec, Canada

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Arid

So I'm at another town meeting last night and we are talking about how a swank bar is on its way into town. Now that a no-smoking ordinance was passed it only makes sense right? Oh, and I forgot to mention the town is dry. Or should I say, was dry. I guess about 15 or 20 years ago someone decided that some alcohol sales were okay. They are really restricted though.

Now I know I am in a small minority, but I really liked the fact that the town was dry. I don't care that every town across the street is wet but I thought it was kind of renegade that we were one of the last bastions of prohibition. It was one of the consideration in my moving here. No one in my nuclear family drinks, so it worked out fine for us. Plus for those people who wanted to drink, I don't think there was anything preventing them from drinking at home. Oh well, I should have suspected something was wrong when I was on the same side as some religious wackos, but it was fun while it lasted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home