Oriflamme

I do not want you to follow me or anyone else; if you are looking for a Moses to lead you out of this capitalist wilderness, you will stay right where you are. I would not lead you into the promised land if I could, because if I lead you in, some one else would lead you out. You must use your heads as well as your hands, and get yourself out of your present condition. -Eugene V. Debs 1910.

Name:
Location: Asbestos, Quebec, Canada

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Anniversary

I love my wife.

When the chips are down there is no one else who I would rather have in my corner. As time stretches out in front of us there is no one more fun to just ride it out with. And when things are good, we both know to keep our mouths shut and enjoy it.

I love her populism, and her perspective. She reads about five times as many books as I do and retains practical knowledge. When I talk about how people want to exercise their rights, she reminds me that they need to put food in their mouth. She is self made. She knows how to work and do things, in addition to just talking about them. Practicality still eludes me, sometimes.

Because I had so much help along the way I can only admire her accomplishments, and never equal them.

And she has built a home. I don't think there is anything more important to me than that. I think it's the one traditional value I hold dearest.

And she's hot.

I love my wife.

2 Comments:

Blogger Voix said...

Happy anniversary, Red 2. I'm glad you found such an awesome wife. May your bliss continue for many many years.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Voix said...

Alright, populist wife. No fair having a profile and no blog.
I want to torment you, too.

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home