Oriflamme

I do not want you to follow me or anyone else; if you are looking for a Moses to lead you out of this capitalist wilderness, you will stay right where you are. I would not lead you into the promised land if I could, because if I lead you in, some one else would lead you out. You must use your heads as well as your hands, and get yourself out of your present condition. -Eugene V. Debs 1910.

Name:
Location: Asbestos, Quebec, Canada

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Polked, Pierced, and finally Bush.

This is Franklin Pierce. He was President of the United States. He was born in New England. He was a northerner with southern sympathies. His excellent policy decisions helped bring about the Civil War. After he left office he drank himself to death.

Does he look familiar? He is an ancestor of our illustrious leader, Dubya. Did you know George Bush was born in Connecticut?

I guess it is a slight improvement to have started the Civil War in another country. But who knows. If the next president is Pat Buchanan, I'm going to get really nervous.

I can't figure out what he is reaching into his jacket for. Enlighten me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Corporal said...

Maybe he's feeling his liver, trying to see if he can sneak another drink in.

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home