Oriflamme

I do not want you to follow me or anyone else; if you are looking for a Moses to lead you out of this capitalist wilderness, you will stay right where you are. I would not lead you into the promised land if I could, because if I lead you in, some one else would lead you out. You must use your heads as well as your hands, and get yourself out of your present condition. -Eugene V. Debs 1910.

Name:
Location: Asbestos, Quebec, Canada

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Baseball berry berry good to me.

Spent Easter at a baseball game with the family, which was quite nice. Good food and nice seats. Of course our three year old was the life of the party, dancing to the music coming over the loudspeakers. He pretended to play the piano and the drums. And of course when he came back from the restroom he proudly announced to all of our neighbors that he pooped in the potty. He also helped entertain the group of young boys sitting behind us. I think his favorite part of the game though was watching them remove the tarp from the field and place the tarp back over the field. By the end of the game he was also insisting that he keep his baseball hat on as well.

It was much better than the part of the day that we spent doing our taxes.

5 Comments:

Blogger Voix said...

Sounds lovely. You're not completely biased in regards to all things "your son" are you? Because I'm kinda getting this "kid can do no wrong" vibe here -- just checking, what?

3:53 PM  
Blogger Ranger said...

Hmm. Don't know. Generally speaking I find it counterproductive to take shots at the family. He's a good kid. Not perfect, but that's not exactly where my expectations are either.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Voix said...

Sheesh, so typical. I'll bet you don't even care where he goes to college, do you?

8:49 PM  
Blogger Ranger said...

Well I'm going to push for Beloit College of course.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Voix said...

You are the biggest, fattest liar on the whole planet.

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home