Oriflamme

I do not want you to follow me or anyone else; if you are looking for a Moses to lead you out of this capitalist wilderness, you will stay right where you are. I would not lead you into the promised land if I could, because if I lead you in, some one else would lead you out. You must use your heads as well as your hands, and get yourself out of your present condition. -Eugene V. Debs 1910.

Name:
Location: Asbestos, Quebec, Canada

Saturday, March 04, 2006

March Forth!

Today is another day in the war against international terrorism. But it is not just a war against international terrorism, it is a war against all who wish to do evil to us. Or rather it is a war against evil. And it will be a long war. How about forever? Does forever work for you?

War is peace.

I haven't even won the battle against evil in myself. I don't see how we can win a war against it. Actually, I do, but it involves all of us being lobotomized or worse. I have to believe evil is with us to stay folks. On what basis would we have good without evil? How could we recognize it or distinguish it? It's just part of human nature.

While not considering myself a bad person, evil is just alright with me. I can't believe a war against evil is anything more than a poorly disguised attempt to exercise control over our society in a way that I'm not comfortable with. We must be ever vigilant. Evil could be anywhere. In our airports, in Iraq, on our bus, in our town, next door, in our own spouse. Trust no one. Do what you must. When the scope of the war expands from the people who detonated bombs to all who have the wish to do ill in their hearts, then we are the enemy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Voix said...

Two men enter, one man leaves. Two men enter, one man leaves. . .

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home