Oriflamme

I do not want you to follow me or anyone else; if you are looking for a Moses to lead you out of this capitalist wilderness, you will stay right where you are. I would not lead you into the promised land if I could, because if I lead you in, some one else would lead you out. You must use your heads as well as your hands, and get yourself out of your present condition. -Eugene V. Debs 1910.

Name:
Location: Asbestos, Quebec, Canada

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Sick

I am not sure if I will be able to watch the President's address tonight.
*
When I passed the bar, I took an oath as an officer of the court to uphold the Constitution of the United States. I believe the president has violated the spirit of the Constitution if not the letter. I believe his continued presence in office is aConstitutional if not un-Constitutional. I believe he is diametrically opposed to what the Constitution stands for.
*
I was going nuts the other night listening to the Republicans mention that we can not leave Iraq without "honor." I don't know what honor is anymore I guess. Are we supposed to leave with the thanks and support of the Iraqi government.? That would seem to be a hollow gesture from a hollow government. Are we supposed to leave with the thanks and support of the Iraqi people? That is looking increasingly impossible. Are we supposed to leave Iraq a pro-Western democratic state? How exactly is that supposed to happen? Are we supposed to leave Iraq after all the insurgents are dead? Hell, I watched Red Dawn, I'd be an insurgent if someone invaded my country. After all the Iraqis are dead? Why use troops then? After all the Muslim extremists are dead? Are we getting rid of the Christian extremists then too? Isn't a Muslim always an extremist according to some Christian extremist? Are we supposed to get rid of all the Muslims? Again shouldn't we be using bigger bombs then? Are we supposed to leave with the oil? What honor are we supposed to leave with?
*
Maybe I should just write about Disneyland soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home