Oriflamme

I do not want you to follow me or anyone else; if you are looking for a Moses to lead you out of this capitalist wilderness, you will stay right where you are. I would not lead you into the promised land if I could, because if I lead you in, some one else would lead you out. You must use your heads as well as your hands, and get yourself out of your present condition. -Eugene V. Debs 1910.

Name:
Location: Asbestos, Quebec, Canada

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Beautiful

I couldn't stop snickering last month about that whole Trump beauty queen thing. I mean she got caught clubbing, drinking, drugging and screwing boys and girls? And such a demure young lady.

What is the point of a beauty contest? Is it the ideal woman? For what exactly?

Well I think that a woman's woman would measure herself by her accomplishments rather than her looks and probably wouldn't have any interest in a beauty contest as a means of self-validation. A guy who likes that type of woman isn't going to be spending a lot of time watching a beauty contest.
*
But a beauty contest is pretty clearly designed for woman to measure their value by, for and through men.

There isn't much doubt that guys like to look at hot chicks in bikinis and heels. And it's doubtful that those guys (who by the way are some of the same guys as in the above paragraph) aren't going to be secretly hoping that the same girls like to get drunk, go clubbing and have three-ways. It seems to me if we are being honest with ourselves, that is the type of behavior that should be encouraged in our pageant winners. And then made available on DVD.
*
A while ago I worked for a Village's Planning and Development Department. They tried to draft an ordinance to keep all adult uses out of the village. Being from the big city, I laughed. They told me no one in the Village wanted adult stores and that only truckers used them. What bullshit. I'm sure the adult industry has remained a multi-billion dollar industry precisely because no one wants those stores. I hate to invoke the free market on this one, but people are voting with their dollars. Their punchballot votes, to me, are overvotes and can be ignored.
*
But we try to cling on to values that we don't believe in behind closed doors, pretending that we have nothing but disdain for the adult industry and that our beauty pageant winners should remain chaste, wholesome virgins until marriage. (And hopefully after they marry us, realize what tramps they are). How backwards is that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home