Oriflamme

I do not want you to follow me or anyone else; if you are looking for a Moses to lead you out of this capitalist wilderness, you will stay right where you are. I would not lead you into the promised land if I could, because if I lead you in, some one else would lead you out. You must use your heads as well as your hands, and get yourself out of your present condition. -Eugene V. Debs 1910.

Name:
Location: Asbestos, Quebec, Canada

Thursday, June 15, 2006

My most fantastic lunch.


Today I had the most fantastic lunch. Well, the lunch was only the smallest part of it. Really the food was well - British. A salad with some kind of vinaigrette dressing and a few tomatoes. A seafood pie with cod and shrimp and mashed potatoes on top. I do so love British food. It is spectacularly bad.

But the lunch was perfect. I was watching England defeat TNT in an English pub. Only two things could have improved on the occasion. (1) If I had been in England and (2) If the crowd had spontaneously broken into song (I would have suggested "God Save the Queen" or "One Nil to Arsenal"). As it was there was much cheering and merriment, and everyone in the pub seemed to recognize the difference between a poor cross and a good set piece. Beckham is still fantastic with a dead ball.

It's a wonderful time of year for a diversion.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home